40 Days of Prophetic Resistance
IndyCAN asks our community to commit to doing one thing—big or small—every day during the 2017 Lent and Passover seasons to protect vulnerable communities from discriminatory federal policies.
Join the Sanctuary & Solidarity Movement
To receive text alerts of upcoming actions and opportunities, text INDYSANCTUARY to228466.
Forty Days of Prophetic Resistance launched Sunday, Feb. 12, with an estimated 2,000 members of the community gathering with Mayor Joe Hogsett to publicy declare that our city will not fund discrimatory federal policies. Since then, it has included trainings, pray-ins and hundreds of personal actions across the city.
Read more about what's been happening in this movement so far
- 40 Days of Prophetic Resistance: Where we are and how you can still act (March 2017 newsletter)
- Mayor Hogsett's Pledge: 'Not One Dime' will aid federal immigration enforcement (February 2017 newsletter)
- IndyCAN to Sheriff Layton: Time to end ICE detainers that pull families apart (February 2017 newsletter)
- Protect Your Health Care: Call Your Senators on Feb. 23 (February 2017 newsletter)
- 40 Days of Prophetic Resistance launches Feb. 23 (February 2017 newsletter)
Things you can do every day
- Ask 5 friends to text ‘INDYSANCTUARY’ to 228466 to keep updated on more opportunities to act to protect families.
- Invite a friend to coffee to talk about local issues our families are facing and why they matter to you.
- Contact U.S. Sen. Todd Young at (202) 224-5623 and U.S. Sen. Joe Donnelly (202) 224-4814 to ask them to protect our health care!
- Gather a group of friends to watch the documentary “13th” and decide together how you will take action in response.
- Share an IndyCAN Facebook post or invite friends to “like” our page.
- Call Sheriff Layton’s office at (317) 327-1307 to ask him to do the right thing and stop honoring unconstitutional ICE holds.
- Read an article on recent executive orders from a trusted source.
- Host a house meeting to build the movement for ONE PEOPLE, ONE FIGHT.
- Contact your City-County Councillor, and set a meeting to voice your concern for protecting our families.
- Write a letter to the IndyStar editor or an editor of another publication on why people of faith must oppose the Muslim registry, mass deportations, “stop and frisk” or other militarization of our local police.
- SUSTAIN THE MOVEMENT: Become a monthly donor at indycan.org/donate.